Butternut Ridge Cemetery

Butternut Ridge Cemetery
Butternut Ridge Cemetery First Burial 1821

Thursday, March 3, 2016

The Main Part of the Original High School Comes Down

The first graduating class of ,North Olmsted High School, was in 1931. We have a yearbook in our archives and a class picture on the wall in our Events Barn. We have a collection of yearbooks in the archives along with about Ten of the class pictures that hung on the walls first in the old building and were moved to the new building. When the new building was set on fire some were destroyed and others were water damaged. I graduated in 1958 from the old building. My son and daughter graduated from the new building. My son attended IX High while they repaired the fire damaged school. Both of the school buildings that I went to school in are now gone. I attended Butternut Grade School I had Ms. Pape as my Kindergarten teacher, and Mr Graf for 6th grade. The kindergarten was in the basement next to the boiler room it was always was real warm no problem sleeping at nap time. With Mr. Graf if you got him talking about WWII that was the class for the day. We have a collection of pictures on the removal of Butternut in our archives along with a brick from the 1913 part of the building. 

I will be posting pictures of the removal of the old part of the building. It looks like it will be all down by Sunday. The School Site has a good collection of pictures,  http://www.northolmstedschools.org/













No comments:

Post a Comment